SPORTOGRAF.COM is the official photo service of Vlaanderens Mooiste. These photographers have acquired a good reputation in recent years with their fully digital service and competitive prizes.
In view of the fact that they themselves are active cyclists, they have an outstanding feeling from the perspective of the participant.
The organising party advises avoiding intense physical activities without being properly prepared. Ensure that you make wise decisions regarding the distance you wish to cover and/or the tempo you want to maintain. If you want to take part in competitive sport and at a high intensity, it is advised to undergo an annual medical examination.
It is not obliged to present medical certificates. It is up to the sportsman/woman to decide how he/she wants to interpret the information received during a medical examination. Thus, the organising party cannot be held responsible for any matters regarding this.
More information about health & sports can be found here.
Exercise is fun, healthy and safe for most people. However, some people have an increased risk of problems during physical activity, which may require extra medical follow-up. If you meet one or several of the conditions below, it is recommended you contact your doctor or undergo a sports-medical examination before taking up more intensive forms of exercise:
- You are taking medication to treat high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, pulmonary disease.
- At some point you suffered from coughing, shortness of breath or other breathing disorders during or after efforts or you have asthma.
- You smoked in the past 5-10 years or you have not stopped smoking for longer than 6 months after a period of 5-10 years.
- You have high blood pressure and/or increased cholesterol value
- You fainted or became dizzy during or after an effort
- You have ever had palpitations, arrhythmias or pain in the chest during or after doing exercise or you have ever been told that you have a heart murmur
- A member of your family, younger than 55, suddenly died because of health problems (cardiovascular disease, cot death)
- You have problems of the liver, kidneys or thyroid gland, diabetes
Take part and support the fight against diabetes!
Diabetes is threatening to become a worldwide epidemic. By 2030 1 out of 10 people will have diabetes, which amounts to over a million people. These numbers are extremely worrying. Type 2 diabetes, the most common type of the disease, is mainly caused by an unhealthy diet and lack of exercise.
That's why we want to pay extra attention to diabetes and show that sportive achievements are perfectly achievable for people with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes, with the required medical supervision. In addition we want to point out the preventative power of exercise in people with a increased risk factor for type 2 diabetes. Exercise is an essential component in both the prevention and treatment of diabetes.
Support the fight against diabetes by adding 5 euro to your registration fee!
The essential Guide for cycling in Flanders
All you ever needed to know about cycling in Flanders. Discover impressive routes, challenging bucket lists and tips to plan your stay!
We are very much interested in how you have experienced our event. Please send us your remarks, reactions or ideas. We would love to hear from you.