Sunday is predicted to be a beautiful but hot and sunny day. This is why we would like to explicitly ask you to arrive at the start well prepared.
As organisers we will take the following extra measures and precautions:
At the start and finish there will be extra water, at every 2.5km there will be a refreshment station with sufficient water -served in cups- for everyone, every 5km sports drink (to avoid depletion of salt-and carbohydrates reserves) will be waiting for you and there will be several ?water-curtains? along the course.
We would like to provide you with an overview of all the extra measures YOU can take:
1. Being hydrated starts at home! Make sure to drink sufficiently at home as well as when you are making your way to the event.
2. In addition to the drinks offered by us, you may bring your own drink along when you are running the course (water bottles, camel bags, water belts,....).
3. Cover yourself with sunscreen (SPF 50) at least 15 minutes before the race!
4. Wear a hat. If you do not own one, make sure to drop by Runners? lab?s pop-up shop.
5. It is highly recommended to wear a white technical running shirt (and definitely not one made of cotton!).
6. No matter how tempting it is, it is ill-advised to throw large quantities of cold water over your overheated head. The cooling-effect is too abrupt: your body reacts to the water by heating itself up. Then you will get even warmer.
7. Taking part in sport is fun and healthy. But please make sure to always listen to your body! If needed, adapt the intensity of your performance.
Last but not least, we would like to ask you to take good care of yourself as well as your fellow runners and walkers. If you get into trouble or you see that a fellow participant is having an issue, please do not hesitate to call the emergency number, which can be found on the back of your race number.
Good luck with your last preparations and see you on Sunday!