feel like a pro
Ride the biggest classics, just like the pros!
The Etixx Classics Tour is a series of 9 unique and professionally organised cycling tours, giving cycling fans the chance to ride the ultimate cycling classics, just like the pros. To give you the ultimate experience, you will get to ride on the same course as the pros with a choice of three distances.
These are bucket list events for every passionate cyclist! On top of that you will also get to take part in the Etixx Classic, completing a calendar of ten beautiful tours presented by Etixx.
All events will be organised in the same, professional manner, providing the following benefits for every participant:
- Accident insurance (crash helmet compulsory!)
- Excellent signage along the route
- Plenty of refreshments with Etixx sports drinks, Etixx sport bars, fruit and biscuits
- Technical assistance and breakdown service
- Medical service at every checkpoint and at the finish
- Clear road signs at the bottom and top of every climb
- Detailed course map
- Secure bike storage
- Changing rooms and shower facilities
- Massage at the finish
Etixx rewards the loyal participants!
Every participant who participates in at least 5 tours of the Etixx Classic Tour will receive a nice Etixx cycling jersey. From 8 tours you will also receive the accompanying Etixx cycling shorts! Participants receive an email as soon as they have participated in 5 or 8 tours of the Etixx Classics Tour with more information about this.
ETIXX SPORTS NUTRITION
Etixx fuels your goal
Etixx Sports nutrition offers healthy nutritional support during endurance sports performances. We are proud of a 3-year collaboration with Etixx. We look forward to guiding all those preparing for a race and helping them reach the finish!
In a higher gear with Etixx
Sufficient training is the key to success, but without a healthy daily diet and the right sports nutrition before, during and after every ride, you will never be able to achieve your full potential with training alone. Athletes generally have a higher need for vitamins and minerals due to their greater physical efforts. The reduced presence of vitamins and minerals in our fruit and vegetables compared with approximately 20 years ago, combined with a reduced intake (due to an unhealthy diet), results in cyclists needing extra attention. Extra supplements are strongly recommended for that reason.
The complete Etixx sports nutrition and supplement range supports your needs perfectly. All products meet the highest standard of quality and carry the Informed Sports quality label.
In order to optimally assist the participants during the selection of their most ideal sports nutrition during the Etixx Classics tour rides, Etixx will provide a specific and unique nutrition schedule for each ride, which includes the best supplements. You will find this information on each individual website of every ride.
Below is an example for a ride of more than 3 hours:
For more specific advice, please come to an info session during VELOFOLLIES.
Great preparation is half the battle! Good luck!
The organising party advises avoiding intense physical activities without being properly prepared. Ensure that you make wise decisions regarding the distance you wish to cover and/or the tempo you want to maintain. If you want to take part in competitive sport and at a high intensity, it is advised to undergo an annual medical examination.
It is not obliged to present medical certificates. It is up to the sportsman/woman to decide how he/she wants to interpret the information received during a medical examination. Thus, the organising party cannot be held responsible for any matters regarding this.
More information about health & sports can be found here.
Exercise is fun, healthy and safe for most people. However, some people have an increased risk of problems during physical activity, which may require extra medical follow-up. If you meet one or several of the conditions below, it is recommended you contact your doctor or undergo a sports-medical examination before taking up more intensive forms of exercise:
- You are taking medication to treat high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, pulmonary disease.
- At some point you suffered from coughing, shortness of breath or other breathing disorders during or after efforts or you have asthma.
- You smoked in the past 5-10 years or you have not stopped smoking for longer than 6 months after a period of 5-10 years.
- You have high blood pressure and/or increased cholesterol value
- You fainted or became dizzy during or after an effort
- You have ever had palpitations, arrhythmias or pain in the chest during or after doing exercise or you have ever been told that you have a heart murmur
- A member of your family, younger than 55, suddenly died because of health problems (cardiovascular disease, cot death)
- You have problems of the liver, kidneys or thyroid gland, diabetes
The essential Guide for cycling in Flanders
All you ever needed to know about cycling in Flanders. Discover impressive routes, challenging bucket lists and tips to plan your stay!