Are you ready for the Acerta Brussels Ekiden this Saturday 15 October? In any case we would like to give you some practical advice:
- The Acerta Brussels Ekiden has seen a considerable growth over the last few years. With over 15,000 visitors it's not that easy to find parking space around the stadium itself. Also, exit 8 on the ring road around Brussels should be avoided at all costs.
We recommend that all participants park on Parking C. This parking space costs 5 euro per day and is only a five-minute walk away from the stadium. This parking space is directly connected to the Brussels ring road via exit Expo 7a (follow the Expo signs). Of course you can also come using public transport (tram lines 7 "Heizel", metro line 6 "Koning Boudewijn").
- The Ekiden is a team competition. That means you have to stay together with your team in your allocated relay zone. All relays will take place inside this zone on the track, based on your team number. Check out the map HERE. You can reach these relay zones via the outside of the grandstands.
- Take 1 or 2 euro to support chidren in Kinshasa. Using gigantic urns at the start of the course, the charity SOS Children's Villages is collecting money at the Acerta Brussels Ekiden for vulnerable children in Kinshasa (DR Congo). Make sure to start the run with a one or two euro coin in your pocket and throw it into the urns. You won't be able to miss them! Watch the video clip of their action HERE.
- Personalise your race number with your first name! This is convenient for the supporters along the course. You can get this done in the tent next to the Acerta Lounge in front of the stadium. In this lounge Dylan and Jonathan Borlée will be holding an autograph session from 15:00. Drop by and get a great souvenir of your Ekiden.
- Try and keep a little bit of energy in the tank for the Acerta Brussels Ekiden afterparty! The well-known cover band 'Cookies & Cream' will provide a fitting end to the event.
Make sure to read through all the info about the relay zones and check out the site map before you come to Brussels.
Good luck on Saturday!
The organisers of the Acerta Brussels Ekiden